Do you like to escape from traditional tourist destinations and experience the diversity of cultures around the world? So, to travel Vietnam is a great idea! Let us find out, why it is a fun and adventurous experience.
The natural beauty, culture and history of this country, for sure, are enchanting. In addition, several aspects of Vietnam will provide you with a lifelong learning experience. Check out the ultimate guide that we have prepared with the main information you need planning a trip.
HOW TO PLAN A TRIP TO VIETNAM?
Vietnam is one of the main countries chosen by tourists who want to visit Southeast Asia. First of all, it’s nice to know that you need to check about your visa at the Vietnam Embassy in your country in advance. The other option is to pick it upon arrival in the country ( only for these countries) if you are going to enter through an international airport.
This form of visa application is much less common. Therefore, in this case, it is worth looking for more information on how to get the pre-approval letter that needs to be presented on your arrival.
HOW TO MAKE THE IDEAL TRAVEL VIETNAM ITINERARY?
Knowing the ways to arrive and enter the country, the next essential item to be planned is the itinerary, isn’t it? Vietnam is a narrow and elongated country. So choose to plan your trip vertically, starting at the extreme south, or the extreme north.
The two main cities in Vietnam are the capital, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh City, the most populous in the country. They are the former capitals of North Vietnam and South Vietnam, before the country’s unification in 1975.
When you are making a travel itinerary, make one of the metropolitans, the starting destination. And the other, as your final destination. Take the opportunity to stroll through the middle of the country on the trip. It is very worthwhile to take your time and do this, after all, the two capitals are quite different. Also, the country offers a wide diversity, from beaches, mountains and deserts, to museums, restaurants and other cultural events.
PLACES TO VISIT WHILE YOU TRAVEL VIETNAM
- Halong Bay, a region of natural beauty close to the Hanoi metropolis. It is located in the Gulf of Tonkin, and has thousands of small islands and limestone pillars;
- the mountainous region of Sapa, located on the outskirts of Hanoi. Which borders China. Also famous for the beautiful look of the extensive rice fields;
- the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh;
- the white and red beaches and dunes of Mui Ne, 200 km from Ho Chi Minh;
- French architecture, mild climate and lakes with pedal boats. And cable cars in the city of Da Lat;
- the paradisiacal seaside resort in Nha Trang;
- the imperial period temples. Also, the palaces in the historic city of Hue;
- the beaches of Da Nang, the country’s third-largest city;
- the historic centre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Hoi An;
- the island of Phu Quoc, surrounded by the Gulf of Thailand, where there is plenty of incentive for tourism and a visa is not required to enter.
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME OF THE YEAR?
Vietnam is one of the countries in Southeast Asia that is hit by the Asian Monsoons. It is a change in the direction of the winds throughout the seasons, which are responsible for bringing moisture from the continent to the ocean, and dry air from the continent to the sea.
This natural phenomenon has already caused extremely heavy rains, floods. And even typhoons capable of devastating and destroying cities. Vietnam is in an area that can be affected by these phenomena. So to avoid the rainy period from May to October, and give preference to the drier period, from November to April.
Now that you know the essentials about a well-planned trip to Vietnam, it is very important to remember that it is essential to know the place before starting the tour. Invest a lot in composing a script that allows you to make the most of what this country has to offer. Take the opportunity to share this post on your social networks!